Finally Fintech in Singapore
Moving to Singapore about four years ago, I was frustrated by Singapore's banking sector.
But lately, I can count quite few Fintech innovations that has made life better:
- TransferWise is available in Singapore - ok, it does require a silly F2F process for MAS but finally I don't have to take cash to Malaysia!!
- Singtel Dash makes remittances easier for my helper
- Ez Pay which IIUC allows linking topups to your bank account
- Singapore FAST payments instant bank transfers
- Apple Pay - no need to carry my tired OCBC Visa card with me
- Stripe Singapore finally launching
It feels like all of a sudden, Singapore really is Asia's Fintech hub!