Nintendo Wii U owner comments
I bought a 300GBP Wii U with MarioKart 8.
MarioKart 8 is indeed good, but the rest of the system kinda sucks. Doesn't surprise me that Nintendo posted losses.
- Their update procedure is cumbersome and isn't done seamlessly in the background. So it can stop you from playing.
- No details to what the updates are, so there is no reward or new UX to look forward to
- Many Apps I want to see get better like the Youtube App... does not get better
- In fact nothing seems to get better. For an internet connected platform not to evolve... well then it's dying imo
- The Nintendo store is really really, phenomenally shit. I WANT TO BUY NEW GAMES!
- Nintendo identity is really poorly designed. I am constantly confused between my Nintendo U id, Nintendo store and something else again
- Nintendo offered me a free game if I entered or registered MarioKart 8. Er... I don't have time for this shit. I lost the code. I didn't get a new game. I have a bitter taste in my mouth.
- Customer service is poor. No twitter, and when I explained I lost the code, they said they could only give me a new code if I provide them the old code. Er... I don't think you understand.
I'm writing this with the hope Nintendo bloody well gets their finger out. I think the hardware itself is fine. The platform software is just really quite poor.