Cancelling my Three contract
So 18 months of my Three contract is almost up. In order to cancel, I must call exactly 1 month before the contract expires(10/11/2008), else it automatically renews(!). Reasons why:
- The 3 Loyalty team just called me, to extend my contract with a tantalising “upgrade offer”. No thanks, I don’t want the new phone you’re offering.
- The aforementioned cancellation policy is ridiculous. What happens if I need to be out of the country on the 10th of October? A one day window for a customer to cancel an 18 month contract without incurring fees should be against the law.
- If I kept my old phone, I could get my “all you can eat” plan down from 35GBP to 28GBP a month…
- I would have to sign up for at least another
1812 months. No I want a rolling contract.
- I could not get my phone unlocked. My phone must be unlocked as I am not going to use my (UK) 3 SIM in foreign countries like Israel.
- Three’s customer service is abysmal. The loyalty team who just rang me is based in the UK. I wonder why…
So on the 10th of October I must ring up and ensure I get the:
- PAC code so I can keep my number
- Ask them to unlock my E65 so I can use it on other networks
So far the most attractive offer for a ‘SIM only’ rolling contract (one month cancellation) is from Vodafone. Some minutes&texts with 1G fair usage data for 22.50GBP a month. I must double check that. Anyway there is still a bit of time between now and November. I hope my Nokia E65 will last that long. I want to ideally buy an unlocked Android phone and failing that… an Iphone 3G. Nooo… I’d rather keep using my Symbian Nokia E65 out of principle!
I could get an EEEPC & a HSPDA dongle and use that. It’s basically that open platform everyone wants, except Skype (can it do SMS?) is proprietary & it doesn’t fit in your pocket. =)