- Wifi doesn’t work with my new ‘Ipod touch’. I am guess because of the odd WEP key length…
- It hardly works with my Thinkpad. Timeouts all over the shop. :(
- Lost an earlier WP post as the wifi timed out and the back button didn’t seem to work. :(
Hate this Apple bashing that they aren’t opening up their platform. Keeping it with just the Web platform is an incredibly sensible move. “Opening” their (proprietary) platform will increase fragmentation… we should all be aiming for Web convergence. One Web platform for all.
Why don’t people bash Microsoft’s Silverlight or Adobe’s AIR ffs? It’s not the Open Web! I am sick and tired of Flash even. Can’t we recognise for the burden it is on the “open standards” Web??
A business model to be bought by Adobe. Great… not. This is not the open Web imo. People positioning themselves to be eaten up by a monopoly.
I don’t understand tagging. Why isn’t it in the same as “categories” in Wordpress? Should I be migrating my categories to “tags”? WTF! Thankfully Matt is around… :)
My thinkpad X40 hard drive is crashing… this happened about a year ago!
monty:~% ping google.com PING google.com (18.104.22.168) 56(84) bytes of data. 64 bytes from jc-in-f99.google.com (22.214.171.124): icmp_seq=3 ttl=241 time=446 ms 64 bytes from jc-in-f99.google.com (126.96.36.199): icmp_seq=7 ttl=241 time=546 ms 64 bytes from jc-in-f99.google.com (188.8.131.52): icmp_seq=9 ttl=241 time=2607 ms 64 bytes from 184.108.40.206: icmp_seq=11 ttl=241 time=1244 ms 64 bytes from jc-in-f99.google.com (220.127.116.11): icmp_seq=12 ttl=241 time=1595 ms --- google.com ping statistics --- 13 packets transmitted, 5 received, 61% packet loss, time 43040ms rtt min/avg/max/mdev = 446.625/1288.080/2607.883/786.967 ms, pipe 3 monty:~% ping google.com ping: unknown host google.com
- Wireless has slightly improved, no DUPs…
- Still ill with some sort of infected chest :(
- Converting my categories to tags on my blog. Doesn’t seem to be going too well.
- Comet looked like a hacky AJAX push implementation. I wish JS didn’t look so darn flaky.
- Enjoyed Tom Coates presentation on the location service code named FireEagle
- Commented to Simon Willison (great host btw) we really could have done with a proper presentation on HTML5. That’s the Future of Web Apps!