Greetings Mobile planet
Thanks to Dominique, I have been recently added to the W3 mobile planet. Hello Planet!
Let me introduce myself:
- My name is Kai Hendry
- I have been blogging about mobiles from about 2004. I have created a special page for you to see the titles of my mobile posts.
- I designed this blog Natalian to be “mobile friendly”.
- I wrote my Masters Thesis on Web engineering for mobiles.
- I submitted a 20 page extract to a mobile business conference in Sydney, for which I was accepted and invited to talk as a “markup expert”, though unfortunately I was too broke to go. :)
- I used to contribute to the Device Independence mailing list, back when Russell was blogging. Now I am finding my away around the new W3C site…
- I travelled a lot and didn’t contribute so much to the W3C. I did manage to work with mobiles at Access Japan/Palm.
- I think HTML is the next big thing for mobiles. :) I am a member of the HTML WG, previously I was a dissident in the WHAT WG camp.
- I welcome debate (I could be wrong) as I was a member of the Helsinki University debating club. I can take a hard stance by arguing that Mobile context is bogus for one.
- Currently I am quite excited about OpenMoko and I have in mind pulling together a Mobile Web operating system using my Debian skills.
- I really want to see the W3C goals realised, the Web on everything. Total Web convergence on all devices!