Working on Wordpress
I am keeping a close eye on the Wordpress 2.0.7 release.
I am being cautious because:
- no pings on their post. bit odd!
- The mentioned vulnerability does not apply to Debian’s PHP
- The diff between 2.0.6 and 2.0.7 has some considerable changes to the Akismet plugin which is not mentioned on the changelog/post
- I would like to improve the Debian copyright file, though I would like to hear back from upstream first
- There seems to be another minor security bug which I don’t think 2.0.7 addresses
I am also keeping an eye on Wordpress MU edition, to see how they handle these bugs, which has been version 1.0 for sometime.
Update: Ryan informs me there will be a 2.0.8 fixing the last reported security bug.