Since I consider this blog to be also about Korea, here’s something about Korea:
- My indigestion is b0rked. Korean food is spicy, salty and I am having difficulty digesting it
- Korean girls my age only think of marriage. Quite crazy.
- Shopping for my waist size 34–36W isn’t easy. It’s also very expensive. I think I am going to go to a tailor and get a suit made up. Else try Internet shopping. Grrr.
- Public toilets are quite good in Seoul.
- Delivered food is very popular. They also pick up the dishes. I don’t like it as I can’t order in Korean over the phone and the insane motorcycle delivery guys are all over the sidewalk.
- There is a lot of “spam”, like people sticking delivery food advertisements on my door. I also get a lot of strange text messages and calls on my mobile. People also sell annoying stuff on the subway. I find this direct marketing a bit wrong.
- The mobile phone software is this country sucks. Sadly, Nokia pulled out of this market.
- Everyone gets up super late here. I go to my local “Paris Baguette” bakery and their french sticks aren’t ready until noon. WTF? I can’t wait until noon for breakfast bread.
- The gap between rich and poor seems quite large here in my opinion.
- Everyone is hooked on Windows, Internet Explorer and ActiveX
- People have been glued to baseball this last week. I think they beat USA and Japan.
- The weather sucks
- North Korea is a little worrying. The artillery range is more than 100km and Seoul would be screwed within 6hours of an outbreak of war I’ve been told by an American intelligence officer.
On the bright side I had fun at the nearby Seoul Arts campus thing.