Foreign Office has no clue
I loathe the British foreign office. Absolutely hate them.
I am not going to pain myself to recall my experience with them post-tsunami. Today I will just highlight how stupidly they don’t have the sense to have some sort of standard for naming consulate Web sites.
Just search for British High Commission to get a taste of all the bizaare names of the consulates.
- britaus.net for Australia
- britainincanada.org for Canada
- britain.org.za for South Africa
- britishembassy.gov.uk/kazakhstan for Kazakhstan
Why not use a sensible URI structure with a short domain such as bhc.gov.uk and country codes:
- http://bhc.gov.uk/fi for Finland say
This option would make it credible and somewhat guessable what the official site should be. Very sad current situation.