So last night I’ve been paid and now I am in a spending mood.
I am having trouble deciding what MP3 player to get. I want it:
- be able to store GPG key etc on it
- able to access it from my Debian system easily
I went to “JB Hifi” in Melbourne and:
- Sadly didn’t see the Yepp
- Iriver H10 6G is 396AUD and the 5G is 357AUD. It’s about the same size as the Ipod mini. Still I think it might be too big… I do like the FM radio feature though.
- Iriver T20 has a USB tooth! 1G is 242AUD. That USB tooth means I can just plug it in without additional cables into the back of my Thinkpad, straight into a USB port.
- OMG. The Ipod Nano. Drool. Although it seems to have problems with the screen. Though could it be just a bad batch? They even have black ones. They’re priced at 299AUD for 2G and 4G are 359AUD. I think I like this the most, but can I access it easily from my Debian system CLI? Someone looks like they’ve got slackware on it.
I also found out that the GB Micro will only be in stores on the 7th of November in Australia. That seems to have an add-on which can play music and videos. Argghhh! But I am not fond of these SD flash memory sticks and waiting…