There seems to be a lot of interest to do work on the Web, but I find it difficult to see how all this activity translates into Web specifications.
Here are just some events in the next month or two:
* Mobile Business 2005 Ok, sounds .biz, but it is academic.
* Web Intelligence ACM and IEEE at it in Europe.
* Device Independent Web Engineering by the International Conference on Web Engineering. I am not too sure who these guys are.
* Xtech – XML and Beyond by the Ex-XML guys, which Ian is going to.
* And of course W3.org’s little private meetings between sponsors, er… members.