In Finland there are three languages:
Often I am faced with choosing a language when using a Web application.
But why? I have my languages dialog correctly setup in my browser.
I know Debian does this , but why doesn’t anyone else do this?
Is it hard to do? Is there no support in web application languages?
Weboodi is a web application for registering at my University.
There I have to:
- Choose English at log in screen.
- Log in and it is back in Finnish… sigh
- Find settings. WTF are they called in Finnish. (Find dictionary or just randomly hit stuff)
- Choose English as my language in another language and save…
- Log out and re-open the application. Guess what language? Finnish again…
Additional thought: If user does not have their language dialog setup correctly(like no languages set), perhaps the web application can invoke the dialog of the UA.