Use case is that I want my mobile to alert me when my poisonous mushrooms have boiled enough.
- Find mobile
- Unlock phone
- Scroll down menu… Ah Settings… I want to set a 5 minute countdown
- Hmm… is it Time and date settings…
- Gah! It’s nowhere here… lets go back to the beginning
- Menu, scroll down… Past Settings this time…
- Alarm clock. Yes! Exactly! I want to be alarmed after 5 minutes
- Alarm time…no… I want it to count down damn it. Where is the count down feature. No I do not want to set my fucking tone.
- BACK AGAIN to the menu
- Hmmm, could it be in Calendar? ... nooo
- Applications. Well, yeah, count down is an application.
- Select application, App. downloads, Memory… ok I want to select the application
- Opening… (empty)... WTF. HELP ME LORD. I JUST WANT TO SET A 5 MINUTE COUNTDOWN TIMER
- BACK AGAIN
- Extras, Services… Hmmm which one… I’ll shoot for Extras as Nokia don’t seem to give a hoot about my time so why not extra?
- Sweet JESUS! Countdown timer. Ok, lets select this…
- 00:00, is that minutes and seconds? I’ll assume hours and minutes
- 00:05, OK… this must be it… please…. let this be it…
- Note for timer? WTF? JUST TIME DOWN YOU FOOL
- J (I am not going to type in “You’re mushrooms are done”), OK, Timer running. AT LONG LAST.
6 or so minutes later:
- Hey, five minutes must be up now… why doesn’t that Nokia 3100 ring ?
- OH FFS… It’s on silence. Oh shoot me now, life is not worth living if this stuff is our future…