I’ve been using Firefox 3 (beta5) pre-release lately, because it’s faster than Firefox 2.
- FF3 doesn’t seem work on China’s biggest portal. If the desktop browser can’t grok this, what chance does Firefox Mobile (think developing markets)?
- Autocompletion with “AwesomeBar” (I think it’s called) sucks for me. How do I turn it off or make it act like it did in FF2?
- Image zoom caught me off guard. [View -> Zoom -> Zoom Text Only] to disable. I look to a future of scalable images.
- The bookmarks stuff seems like a disaster. I want it all removed. I prefer simple bookmarklets and del.icio.us.
- I need to update my extension for Webconverger
- No OGG video support
Generally I don’t like their “session management” (browser.sessionstore.resume_from_crash false). It would be good if I could simply ‘lock’ certain tabs like Gmail, which really must be my first tab. I also want it locked so I can’t accidentally navigate away from it which I have done far too many times now.
I am most impressed by the improved “feel” or responsiveness of FF3. I really hope Mozilla can concentrate on re-factoring their code to squeeze it into their ‘fennec’ mobile browser. Update: Blassey kindley informs me Fennec and FF3 are the same rendering engine.
Actually, when I think about it, an addon could be called a widget.