This got me thinking. It’s an absolute myth to believe that Britain is a bastion of the free world. Britain is currently setting a terrible example for civil liberties to the rest of the world, by pioneering in mechanisms to limit your freedom:
- Britain being a surveillance society
- Britain censors the Internet
- Britons have no right to bear arms despite the pioneering work of the English Bill of Rights
- Despite opposition the British government is enthusiastic about delivering the database state too
- UK government wants ISPs to keep emails on record for a year
- UK libel law used to quash free speech
Most British people I speak to about this are absolutely complacent about the status quo. Britons you are setting a dangerous precedent!